Saturday, December 20, 2008

TODAY IS A VEG OUT DAY; AS YOU KNOW I HATE THE WINTER & EVERYTIME I THINK I'M GOING TO HIBERNATE, A HOLIDAY COMES UP, & I HAVE TO GO OUT :)
ISN'T IT FUNNY WHEN YOU'VE GONE WITHOUT CERTAIN LUXURIES, (EG, A COMPUTER) THAT WHEN IT GOES BAD, YOU FREAK LOL. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY, I HAD A BLACK SCREEN & YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT SOMEONE CUT OFF MY ARMS & LEGS. I WAS A MAD WOMAN, LIKE HOW WAS I GOING TO FUNCTION WITHOUT IT, SINCE I'VE GONE WITHOUT IT THIS LONG. I'VE ONLY BEEN NEW TO THIS COMPUTER THING FOR TWO YEARS, THINKING I'D NEVER GET THE HANG OF IT;NOW I CAN'T SEEM TO LIVE WITHOUT IT :) SO, HERE'S HOW I FIXED MY COMPUTER & DON'T LAUGH 'CAUSE IT WORKED: UNPLUG,TAKE OUT BATTERY (OH,YES IT'S A LAPTOP), WAIT A FEW,TAP BATTERY TWICE,PRESS ON BUTTON TWICE,PUT BATTERY BACK IN,PLUG IN,TAP ADAPTER BOX TWICE, TURN ON COMPUTER & IT SHOULD COME ON! GUESS WHAT IT DID.SOUNDS HOKEY DOESN'T IT; THIS WAS TOLD TO ME BY A GEEK AT "BEST BUY" LOL. WHO CARES, IT WORKED.TOO FUNNY,SO NOW I GUESS I'M A COMPUTER TEHNICIAN :)

2 comments:

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hey sweetie!

Guess what...you WON my Yaya Christmas give away tonight! Now all I need you to do is email me (debi@m-p.com) your mailing address, so that I can get your treasures shipped ASAP.

Congrats! xo...deb

misselaineous said...

HAAA..heehee...love the way you fixed your computer! I know how you felt when it wasn't working. I've only had my Dell for not quite 3 years, and was a complete, total novice...had NO idea what I was doing, and now I'm on the darn thing every day! It had a freeze up a couple months ago, and I was seriously freaking out! Spent 49.00 and 2 hours on the phone w/ Raj in New Delhi...yup India...but worth every penny & minute spent. Well, hope your weather's a little warmer now...we've had great weather for weeks. A little erratic...hot & cold & back again, but hey! you don't have to shovel cold! :} Merry Christmas & here's hoping for a much improved 2009! *elaine*