Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'M A WINNER!!!!!

YAY! I WON THE JUNKOLOGY ONLINE JUNKIN' MENU THINGY, ANYWAY I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY GOODIES TO ARRIVE :) I'LL POST THEM AS SOON AS THEY COME.



THE ONLINE JUNK POTLUCK WINNER...

WINNER #1: GIO@DECORATOR TO THE STARS for this entry:
FIRST I WOULD USE A VINTAGE FRENCH TIN BABY BATH TUB FILLED WITH ICE (I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE A HOT WEEKEND) & PLUNGE SPARKLING WATER IN IT; TO SERVE WITH OLD MASON JARS & A SPRIG OF MINT. THEN I WOULD MAKE SPINACH DIP & SERVE IT IN A FRENCH CLAY POT (CLEAN OF COURSE); CRACKERS SERVED ON A PIECE OF HOMESPUN PERCHED ON AN OLD POST OFFICE SCALE; FOLLOWED BY WATERCRESS & SEA SALT W/ CREAM CHEESE SANDWICHES ON A BED OF LETTUCE SERVED ON AN OLD GEAR WHEEL :)

Here is a "taste" of what the judges had to say about Gio's entry:

1.Love the juxtoposition between the "junk" serving pieces and the elegant "foodie" menu you have tossed together. Who says junkers don't potluck in style? Not me!! Very classy entry...Congrats!
2.My fave! It sounds so junky elegant (even though there aren't pictures, I could picture this entry, out in someone's backyard under a shade tree on a little farm table, a nice breeze and lots of sunshine - ok...back from my "daydream") I guess I'm trying to say - nice detail) - and also a great little menu for a hot summer day - served up in some interesting vintage containers!
3.My favorite entry!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats Gio!! Your menu was divine!

Take care, Kathy

Ashley ~ said...

Hello sweet friend*! I just wanted to stop in and thank you for visiting my blog and for your sweet message of hope*! I'm always excited to hear from someone who has survived the big C*! I hope you are having a great afternoon, and come back by to visit often*! _Ashley*

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Congrats! We knew you had it in you - always fabulous designs & ideas....can't wait to see all of your goodies!