Saturday, April 4, 2009

MOMISMS..CAN YOU IDENTIFY :)


SINCE MOTHERS' DAY IS AROUND THE CORNER HERE ARE SOME MOMISMS THAT I'M SURE WE CAN ALL IDENTIFY WITH :) I WILL THROW SOME MORE IN FROM TIME TO TIME, LET ME KOW WHAT YOUR FAVORITE ONE IS, MAYBE I HAVE FORGOTTEN IT :)


Money does not grow on trees.

Don't make that face or it'll freeze in that position.

If I talked to my mother like you talk to me....

Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an accident.

Be careful or you'll put your eye out.

What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?

You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!

Close that door! Were you born in a barn?

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.

Don't eat those, they will stunt your growth.

If you don't eat those, you will stunt your growth.

What's meant to be, is meant to be. (Mom only used this when something bad happened

3 comments:

Auntie Q said...

Don't make me come up there!

I'll give you something to cry about.

I don't care if Liz's parents are letting her go. I'm not Liz's mother.

Fine. Go ahead. (This was scary!)

I'll smack you so hard you'll see
next Tuesday! (As she stood there shaking a wooden spoon! She never did use it on us!)

decorator to the stars said...

AUNTIEQ, you're so funny, when i opened the comment, since it was unmoderated, the only thing i saw was "don't make me come up there"! i thought you didn't like my momisms :) LOL keep 'em coming

decorator to the stars said...

oh, auntie q, was your mom catholic or a former nun? wooden spoons were popular with the nuns :)