* outdoor spaces should seamlessly flow from the indoors out as if you were adding on to nature. A terrace, French doors, small patio, adds to that ambience of a natural extension to the home.
* fountains are a great way to listen to nature a step away from the door, just open & listen.
* for that outdoor transition use furniture that would create an outdoor living space comfortable enough to bring indoors also.
* there are so many outdoor fabrics that you can purchase to give your furniture that one of a kind look
* window boxes, vines ,lavender a cascading rose near your entry, when opening the doors, sends a feeling of the south of france or a place near & dear to you rosemary topiaries or a parterre you can see from your window
* don’t make your outdoor area too stuffy it’s meant for relaxing & not much upkeep, after all summer is meant for relaxing, ice tea, lemonade & being lazy & did I mention working in that tan!